Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow


The snow isn't even here yet and schools are closed and everyone is bracing for a "blizzard". I say that lightly because in this midwestern city that isn't used to great amounts of snow 4-6" will keep most people off the streets....and will definately keep us from venturing out.

I need the time in anyway, in the process of putting together my IKEA stuff the dishes havn't been done, the laundry is still waiting and I have two days worth of messes to clean up instead of one.

I sometimes wonder if all moms get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of housework that needs to be done or if it's just me. How did our grandmothers do it all without dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, roombas, microwave ovens and even refridgerators.

I asked my mom that question and she answered "We lived simply, we didn't have extra stuff we didn't need". I've been thinking about that lately and thinking about buying Voluntary Simplicity: Toward a Way of Life That is Outwardly Simple, Inwardly Rich ....anybody read it?

I need to go do my flylady routines.

1 comment:

Elderwoman said...

Yes, Duane Elgin's book is a classic and has stood the test of time. It will almost certainly inspire you to simplify your life.
There have been heaps of other books written about voluntary simplicity since then - including mine, The Lilypad List:7 steps to the simple life. I did a bit of an introductory guide to some of them on Amazon. If you are interested, go to:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syltguides/fullview/573NMGJ9LOVR/ref=cm_srch_res_rpsy_alt/103-5316961-2431030
Good luck and many blessings,
Marian Van Eyk McCain