Friday, January 12, 2007

Flylady


I've been following along with Baggage as she begins babystepping the Flylady system. I have been a flybaby (that's what followers of the cult call themselves) for about 3 years on and off. I know that I have come sooo far because sometimes when we are in a certain zone I don't even have to declutter. I am really glad I found this site before I was knee deep in kids, if you've never heard of it...check it out.

Like my kids, I love having a routine. A simple set of steps that I follow each day makes me feel comfortable and makes me feel like I'm making some sort of progress in life. When you are a full time parent it's hard to see the success of your labor. So as a domestic engineer (housewife....cough) I often seem to put more value than I should on completed household tasks. This often sets me up to fail because some projects....like dishes and laundry, are never completed.

As a product of a corporate culture it's so hard for me to switch gears to SAHM and not be valued for the work that I do. No one ever says....great job! Maybe I should buy those stickers that teachers give their kids....and stick them all over my dishes and dirty laundry.


What is the hardest part of parenthood.....or preparenthood for you?

No comments: