Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Donaldson Report & Cornrows




The Donaldson report on transracial adoption came out this past week and it basically found that:
  1. AA children still are not adopted at the same rate as white children.
  2. That love isn't enough when parenting children of another race.
  3. Agencies need to do more to recruit AA families.
I was going to write a big post about how I agree but don't agree with the new findings. But I just don't have the spirit for it right now. Because really, most of their findings are not surprising. And besides...... I just wanted to tell y'all that this transracial-adoptive-mama has found her cornrowing groove.

When I started this blog a year and a half ago I was on a mission to master cornrowing. I think I'm finally really comfortable and now I'm always on the lookout for new complicated parts to try.

I'm so proud of me. I think I rock.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I've seen some of your 'dos on your lovely young ladies. I, too, think you rock! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Yes, let the record reflect "You do rock!"