So Baggage tagged me to play a game of "6 Weird Things About Me" - the rules are you post your 6 things then "tag" someone else.....I don't really know 6 other bloggers (isn't that sad somehow?) so I'm just going to ramble about my personal weirdnocity.
1. I think I might be clutterphobic. My mood can be tied to how messy the house is. Having alot of knick knacks and "things" to look at can make me tense and I can't concentrate.
2. I can go days without seeing the outside of these walls. I'm a SAHM and I often get so wrapped up in diapers, naps, therapies, housework and meal planning that I don't leave the house for days at a time. Especially in the winter.
3. I ahdore reality TV. I know you're thinking "that's not so weird" but, with TIVO the possibilities are endless thus my addiction to multitudes of shows like: Little People Big World, I Shouldn't Be Alive, Beauty & The Geek, America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, Top Chef, Survivor, Amazing Race, American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance and soon...You're the One That I Want.
4. I don't really like chocolate. I don't hate it, there's not really anything I won't eat. But, given a choice I'd choose licorice or fruit flavored hard candy over a chocolate bar. I prefer fruit in my ice cream too.
5. I'm continually trying to perfect a process to everything. I have a formula for meal planning, house cleaning, bathing, drving to the park, organizing the spice cabinet....you name it...I break it down into a problem, produce requirements for solving the problem and find a solution that satisfies those requirements and makes the process both effecient and easy to follow. Blame it on my education as a designer.
6. It can't be too hot. I like to keep the thermostat at 76 degrees minimum....I just recently found out that it was weird - I was shocked to find out that most people keep thiers between 68-70. I like to take showers and baths that turn my skin red. I love the heat of summer and the sun on my face.
So there's the tip of the iceberg that is my weirdness. I know that I probably have some tendencies toward ADD and OCD and probably some sensory integration issues. But, being the non-employed spouse in a same sex relationship also means I don't get health care benefits. But that's the tip of the iceberg for a totally different post.